View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 04:04 PM   #129
Maphisto86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relenzo2 View Post
Fixed. Obviously, Mace or anybody else didn't stand a "snowball's chance in hell" as was used erlier, of being fairly convicted. Mace had no choice, but this shows Sideous's talents and where they lie. He managed to singel-handedly cloud the visions of the Jedi Council, and sway the entire Republic, but he was NOT actually much of a fighter. Mace, on the other hand... wel, Vapaad. Think about it. Combat-wise, he is second only to Yoda. Palpy knew the most powerful Jedi would escape Order 66, so he knew he needed Anikin as a bodyguard, just to have a combat-oriented Jedi, as he didn't know Anny would get burned. If Obi-Wan hadn't beat him on Mustafar, he would have been able to hunt down Yoda and everyone else over lunch in the Imperial era.
Until recently I thought Palpatine just threw the fight because he sensed what he hoped would happen, that Anakin would come to join the confrontation. By being in a weaker position, he could lull Anakin into seeing the Jedi in a aggressive and negative light. However, think now that maybe Mace Windu had Palpatine on the defensive by the end and managed to beat him.

I like you thoughts on this subject Relenzo. Could I ask though where it has been officially confirmed that Windu was the victor in the film? I didn't know there was an canon view of the subject. The fight in the Chancellor's chambers in Ep.III was one of the few things I found confusing about the story. For one thing two of Mace Windu's Jedi comrades, Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar, where easily struck down by Palpatine, almost without moving. Also, what about Palpatine's almost equal confrontation with Yoda? The Sith Lord's strength and level of mastery of lightsaber combat is between the very good and the excellent in any case, but it is still hard to define.
Maphisto86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,