View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #142
Originally Posted by Great Scott! View Post
OMG, I posted this two years ago. How is this discussion still going on!?!

^^ Through the power of the force.

Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
The problem with that fight is that, Mace Windu was second to Yoda in lightsaber combat, but he defeated Palpatine in a duel, but Palpatine beat Yoda in a duel...What's up with that?!
You assume that there is a strict heirarchy, and one Jedi is worse than all the people who can beat the people who can beat him. Not quite so, as was said.

Originally Posted by DarthMaphisto86 View Post

I like you thoughts on this subject Relenzo. Could I ask though where it has been officially confirmed that Windu was the victor in the film? I didn't know there was an canon view of the subject.
I didn't read it myself, but it was mentioned by a number of annoyed people erlier in the thread. I think there is a link on one of the first two pages, to "George's words" on the subject. And of course, whatever George says is canon #1.

"The beauty and genius of a work of film may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a vanished fiction may yet again inspire the screenplay-writer; but when the last individual of a race of living directors, of artists, breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again." -William Beebe, modified in memorial of the twentieth century

Su'cuy, vod, kar'laylirdarasuum me'suum!

Star Wars: The Plastic Director's Cut!

Last edited by Relenzo2; 07-12-2008 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Because I felt like it.
Relenzo2 is offline   you may: