View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 06:54 PM   #31
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Current Game: Viking Warrior Poets
Source

A fact-sheet has just been released for Storm of Zehir -- Obsidian's second expansion for 2006's Neverwinter Nights 2 -- which details the features of the game. While it's mostly a rehash of old information, it does contain our first glimpses of the game in action.

"Developed by Obsidian Entertainment, Atari will be expanding on the Neverwinter Nights 2 franchise with Neverwinter Nights™ 2: Storm of Zehir, by delivering an engrossing DUNGEONS & DRAGONS® experience. Neverwinter Nights™ 2: Storm of Zehir hearkens back to the days of the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale franchises by including full party customization, dungeon crawling, and free exploration of a non-linear game world via Overland Map. This thrilling game is scheduled for worldwide launch in Q4 2008."

The shots aren't that breathtaking but, then again, look at some of the first shots of Mask of the Betrayer compared to the end product.

Updated

Source

Rock, Paper, Shotgun have just put up a preview of Obsidian's Storm of Zehir and CD Projekt Red's The Witcher: Enhanced Edition on their site.

It's an interesting, if short, read if you want to hop on over. It's a shame that the coverage of Storm of Zehir at E3 has not been greater; it seems to be shaping up nicely

"Now, I have absolutely no experience with NWN2, so my impression of the expansion pack – that it seems kind of good – might not really mean anything, but the title does feature some interesting features, from a party system that gives you four main characters (in any situation, such as conversations, you can pick the one which will do the best job) and an intentional effort to make the skills from Dungeons and Dragons that no one ever uses useful (so you can “craft” items from debris found at your shipwreck, or use “spot” to find hidden items)."

StarWarsKnights.com -- News and features will be returning shortly...

I 'gin to be a-weary of the sun,
And wish the estate o' the world were now undone.

Last edited by Pavlos; 07-16-2008 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Removed phrase which could be construed as bashing RPS
Pavlos is offline   you may: quote & reply,