View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 12:27 PM   #80
Hawwi Joshe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post
Got anything to back those two statements up? Maul has one line in the entire film, that's hard;y enough to allow him to be the 'most well liked sith of all time'.
Even you should know Maul was intriguing not because of his short dialogue in the first film, but rather his unique look and style of combat. Not to mention it was the first time many had seen a double bladed lightsaber, that also added a lot of appeal.

Also, I searched through google to back up my statement, and while I never found a concrete poll with a large collective of votes, I did find several websites where Maul was mentioned as one of the favorite Sith both in written articles as well as smaller polls. You can look at this forum alone, and they're are several Maul fans and even some who would probably deem him their favorite Sith.

Quote:
Where did I say that, exactly?
You didn't, I merely stated that to further prove my point that Sidious goal was to always have the strongest apprentice, whether that had ended up being Dooku or Anakin.

Quote:
Ventress was nothing but a hack compared to Dooku and Anakin - she was designed merely to be used to test Anakin.
I agree regarding Ventress, but you missed my point. I was not saying Ventress was as strong and cunning as Dooku or Anakin, I merely used it as an example to prove a point that if someone such as Ventress had in some fashion come out ahead and proved to be the stronger of the 3, Sidious would have gladly take her as his apprentice.

Quote:
More appeal to everyone, or just to you?
I have to laugh at this comment. George Lucas himself even admits it was a mistake to allow Darth Maul to die in the first movie. Why? It's simple, He was one of the most well liked Sith. Not to mention the Sith are known for betrayal and battles within themselves. Why not take advantage of that history, and allow the viewers to finally see a Sith vs. Sith duel? You say pointless, I say most viewers if given a vote on it, would be in favor it. I'm sorry to say, but I believe your in the minority in this discussion. I respect your opinion and your entitlement to it, but don't disregard others as pointless, just because YOU don't agree with it.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." - Darth Vader

Hawwi Joshe is offline   you may: quote & reply,