View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 04:14 PM   #104
nine.roses
Rookie

Emperor Devon, consider this: in KotOR, the Revan revelation was streamlined and complete. The penny would drop for the adroit player before reaching even half way through the revelation cutscene. The hints through the game were heavy, yes... but subtle. Arranged together they formed a full picture.

However, if it takes 44 screenshots of events spread across two playthroughs of the game for one to twig onto an idea, then that is poor writing indeed. Many of your fellow theorists see the site you have presented me as gospel proof of Kreia's identity. What I see are lines of text taken out of context then arranged to display similarities.

Quote:
In fact, that's one of the only things that someone in the game comes right out and says--Kreia, in fact. Twice, even.

"True - but as one trained in the Force, you know that true coincidences are rare."

and

"It is no coincidence. There is some larger plan at work here."

That's one of the things about K2: even the smallest details are important.
That's from the point of view of an in-universe being. Inside the Star Wars universe, to quote (or misquote, as I can't entirely remember) Master Vandar "there are no coincidences, there is only the Force". Which matters for nothing at all when doing an objective dissection of an unknown story element from our point of view: real life coincidences in story writing do occur, and are far from rare.

`
,,`,,
,,,,`,,
,,`,,
`
`
nine.roses is offline   you may: quote & reply,