View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 04:41 PM   #14
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
I went with Harry Potter, but only because I’ve actually read all the Harry Potter books. I tried reading LOTR when I was younger, but it just could not hold my interest. Enjoyed the LOTR movies, but the movies did not inspire me to pick up the books the way the “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone” inspired me to read Harry Potter books.
I know what you mean, the LOTR books were good, but could have used some editing. Some chapters were like "Wow!" and others "Okay so they crossed a field, big deal." LOTR was much more complex, I mean Tolkein made up whole other languages like Elvish and dwarvish ands all that.

I found Harry Potter more entertaining, perhaps because it was simpler. I have reread both series numerous times, though I find the older I get, the more I appreciate the LOTR. Its hard to decide cause HP is meant to be a children series while LOTR is adult (though many children read and enjoy it) The LOTRs movies however are superior without question.

Meh, LOTR has Gollum...but HP has Dobby, who is close enough...and he can use magic. Luna kicks Gollums ass anyway. Even if he won, she would just call a Crumple Horned Snorkak to finish him off.

~HOP

Viva La Resistance!
HIGH ON PIE 14 is offline   you may: quote & reply,