View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #13
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
So because the lightsaber isn't the focus of the game, the lightsaber should not behave properly? This isn't rocket science - a lightsaber cuts **** up, and that's all there is to it.
No, that's not all there is to it. The Force is the complete and total focus of this game, not some realistic saber mechanics. That means they're not gonna give a damn who thinks it sucks or not. There will be no love lost if they don't get your money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstr kenobi
a one hit kill weapon vs a weapon that has to hit 3 times to kill an oponent(and behaves like a baseball bat)pretty much affects gameplay
Not really, since this is a game, not real life. Go back and complain about every other Star Wars game made in history that had lightsabers that didn't kill in one swing.

Quote:
did you like the star wars movies?
I did, very much.

Quote:
if you did like it what's the difference,between luke's hand being chopped off,and someone in a game getting his hand chopped?
This is a game, not special effects in a movie, it's not gonna kill you if there's no disememberment. Get over it.

Quote:
if you enjoy the game as is,that's fine,but some people(including me)can't live with the unrealistic saber,i don't get why people would defend a "flaw" in the game.
Flaw to you, maybe. It's just a damn game, and there are billions of unrealistic things in games.

Quote:
and btw just because the name of the game is the force unleashed,doesn't mean the force powers should great the rest of the gameplay should be crap,that's just stupid(no offense meant)
Sorry, this argument is not valid, as the development team has stated that their philosophy is "kicking ass with the Force". The gameplay may be crap to you, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the demo quite often.

Quote:
the op is right,games nowadays are being dumbed down for a bigger audience,but i don't have to like it.
You also don't have to complain about it either. Or is that going to accomplish something?

If you people don't like it, don't buy the freakin' game. Others will enjoy it for what it is, "and that's all there is to it".

Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,