Thread: Evolution
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 12:33 AM   #244
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyri View Post
So then God sets us up to fail? I think even the Old Testament version of God isn't quite that... mean. It doesn't make sense that God would give us "gifts" and then expect us not to use them. Or worse, that he would punish us for using what he gave us.

In any case there's fairly indisputable proof that the world is older than 6000 years. So no need for anyone to be damned.
No, he gave us his gifts to use for him, brilliant people are made by God to show that God does indeed exist and that a literal six day creation is true. Now say you had kids, let's just say that, now say you gave two of your kids an order to clean their rooms, one does it immediately and the other goes to their room and doesn't clean it, now to the kid who obeyed you, you give them something they like, the other is punished, now you gave them the choice to do whatever they wanted. Also, let's say that you built the house that you live in. The kid who was punished decides, that since you're so "unfair" You don't exist, and then further decides that the house evolved over a long period of time from a splinter. Do you see how weird that is, that's just how humanity acts today, just on a larger scale.

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,