View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 05:42 AM   #144
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
Lets face it, according to lore, jedi are trained from very early on in their lives. Younglings basically... so by the time they are adults they should already be a jedi. Now as a starting class, they would have to have their advantages, but also have their disadvantages. Heck you could make it to where the only places they can get missions out of for the first 20 to 30 levels is out of the Jedi/Sith academies. Basically bore them out of the jedi roles haha... Make it tedious to become a Jedi Master.
I think that the dedication thing sounds like possibly a good idea - a Jedi's life is dedication, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat
Jedi should be able to have good defenses, but lose out on combat effectiveness in other areas... Maybe less damage...
Why should they get less damage?

Quote:
Give soldiers higher Dex Str and Stam bonuses for the fights... Heavy armors and area damage weapons so they can beat a jedi to death... Give them advantages over jedi that would mean a jedi against a soldier should almost always lose... Unless the soldier is exceptionally bad, and the Jedi is exceptionally good.
That's just going too far - no-one will want to play as a Jedi if it's the way you describe. Why not just call rename the class 'Jedi-Killer' if it's like that?

Quote:
Now I'm not fully fleshing it out, but that's just my take on it. Basically there should be up to 6 combat classes. Each one should have it's class it can defeat easily, one that it gets beaten up by profusely, and one or two that can go either way...
All that's going to do is cause problems - everyone will be avoiding each other for fear that they're going to be slaughtered. That doesn't sound very fun.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,