View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 06:58 AM   #145
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post
I think that the dedication thing sounds like possibly a good idea - a Jedi's life is dedication, after all.
Of course... But it's only my idea and may have nothing like that in the game.

Quote:
Why should they get less damage?
If you get high defense, you lose out on damage. If you get high damage, you lose out on defense.

Quote:
That's just going too far - no-one will want to play as a Jedi if it's the way you describe. Why not just call rename the class 'Jedi-Killer' if it's like that?
Male Bovine Fecal Matter! I guarantee there'll be hordes of people who want to play jedi for the glow bat alone. Because a soldier can be trained to resist force techniques. A soldier can wear heavy armor. A soldier can be trained to defeat even jedi.

Quote:
All that's going to do is cause problems - everyone will be avoiding each other for fear that they're going to be slaughtered. That doesn't sound very fun.
Again, I say Male Bovine Fecal Matter! If the game was all about 1:1 fights you might be right. If you only want duels instead of Sith versus Republic, I see your point. In an MMO, striving for 1:1 balance has caused more pain and anguish and fights on forums than anything else. Even politics... This class needs a nerf... This one is too weak... blah blah... Sure one on one battles between classes will be rare, but you aren't thinking in terms of thousands of players playing a game together. Using the strengths each person has in a group to overcome difficulties.

I've seen what happens when you get all classes relatively equal when there's a class like Jedi... You get full groups of Jedi doing everything and smuggler/spies/officers/medics/commandos get shoved aside for the favored Jedi and BH which are always bickering about how the other one is overpowered, and then complaining when they get nerfed then back to overpowered.... Meanwhile you get 4 years where the other classes are nearly untouched....
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,