Thread: PC or not
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #42
ParaCore
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aku View Post
Aside from people underestimating the hardware of the consoles, the numbers actually can't be directly comparedto a PC when it comes to gaming since unlike PCs, this hardware is completely dedicated (and in many cases specifically adapted) to the games it runs and that makes it optimized in a whole different way.
That's why PC ports often have bad optimization too ^^

Yea, I honestly have no problem with consoles - I just dislike the fact that in order to get an Xbox 360, I will need:
1) Get the unit itself, $300 or so.
2) Probably will need to be wireless, in which case, from what I know I have to get some special wireless adapter for it (More money...)
3) My TV probably isnt even worth using really, so I would want to hook it up to my monitor which probably wouldnt work since its 16:10 - even though it has HDMI. So I would either have to use an older TV or buy a new one (Eventually).
4) In order to play online I need that Xbox Live Gold crap, afaik, which is more money... granted, not much, but I can easily play PC games online with what we pay for internet now, and I can do much much more to boot.

I don't know, I just feel like they are trying to milk everyone for money with alot of this stuff, which I don't like. And lately mostly every PC game coming out that I can see, aside from a few basically suck (At least, the games type I like to play), and the only ones that test my graphics card is Crysis...

The xbox360 looks to be worth it (So does the PS3, honestly - and they aren't going to crap bricks if you stick Linux on it...), but there just isnt the money to spend on it all right now.
ParaCore is offline   you may: quote & reply,