View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 08:32 PM   #30
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Current Game: Dragon Age II
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Chasi Vtorie's heart sank. Though she was indeed sensitive to the Force, she could only perform the most rudimentary tasks with it so far: moving books and papers out of her way, speed-reading, slight telepathy, changing the numbers on a holodigital clock. There was absolutely no way she could locate two Jedi who were either in remote exile or dead. She told Alpha Commander Kyr'am this, still trying her very hardest to pick up a trace of the life and light that only a Jedi would broadcast through the Force. Nothing. She sighed.

"I'm sorry," Chasi told Kyr'am, "but these certain Jedi you're looking for are nowhere near me. I sincerely tried my best, but the Force was silent." She hoped that answer would satisfy the Alpha Commander, if not please him.

"This is stupid," grumbled Nylen, whose stomach growled softly. "The Jedi are enemies of the Empire, so the only reason this Clone would be looking for them is to kill them. Besides, why would a Jedi be so dumb as to remain on Coruscant? To find a place to hide? I don't think so--not with the whole city-planet crawling with Stormtroopers and Imperial Officers. I think the real reason he brought us here is to try and conscript us, even though he said he wasn't going to in class. I'm going to set things straight, all right?"

Chasi shook her head rapidly, but she couldn't stop the nimble Nylen from launching into a cheer that suspiciously resembled the ones she always did for their educational facility's melee sparring team. It went like this:

"Do you THINK we'll FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT?
You are WRONG and NEVER RIGHT.
I'm a bad SPARRER, and besides THIS,
Chasi's got CEREBRAL PARALYSIS!

"She's DISABLED! OH, she's DISABLED!
I'm UNSTABLE--in fighting, UNSTABLE!"

Chasi thought her "boon companion" was unstable in more ways than one, but she decided not to press the point. After all, this was an almost perfect way to convince the Alpha Commander they were both unfit for military conscription. Nylen--sometimes you're an idiot and a genius all at once!
Tysyacha is offline   you may: quote & reply,