View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #112
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
I have an eMachines model 5274 (or something close). I'll check what issues on gateway computers K2 has since my brand is actually a branch off of gateway.

Have a vista with XP service pack 2 (I don't know why, probably to keep unrevised microsoft programs from having conniption fits--but whatever).

For what good they might do I have some reports:

K1:
Scan hardware reveals red flag on the OS claiming it is not XP, but plays anyway.
Everything else is Green, so it's a go. I got a really great sound system on it for my money. No issues there that I can tell. 2.00GHZ Intel dual core pentium processor.

Caution on video graphics card --I believe that, yes it is an integrated chipset family... PnP genaric intel (yes they make graphics cards too). Meets minimum standrards at least. Has trouble in the undercity of taris--turn off shadows and it will tolerate it--grumpily. With shadows can be a real pain, but it will work with a higher tenedcy of glitch and crash.

Else, It has its few loading glitches and a couple other small things related to that--nothing a good quit and reboot of the program wont fix.
"Running" animations for movement might not trigger sometimes. OTherwise nothing else is wrong.

K2TSL: Before the patch
I tried the 12-15 times opening just to get it to play. NOPE--won't even acknowledge the game after a double click... Just slows for a second and then ignores it.

After I Patched with the latest Vista-fix-patch at kotorfiles.com: it will open, BUUUT after character creation and the opening text crawl cinematic, I get a message that vista has encountered a problem with the program K2:TSL and gives me the option of close and find solution online, or close program simply.

Absolutely refuses to play beyond that point. I'm out of ideas and I believe I have all but exausted options.

Hardware scan Reveals everything is a green for go (strangely, even the OS) and only a caution on the graphics card.

(Shrug) Guess it's really finicky, even on the lowest graphical levels???

In any case, I have exausted all options except disabling sound... but I don't see why I should if my sound system passed with flying colors...

Maybe buy a better graphics card (when I can afford it)...I think my model may even accompany an NVidiaGE 8800... If anyone has any other suggestions, send me a PM.

Hope this helps anyone with similar OS and model.

---in fact, now that I have uninstalled K2, it won't even acknowledge the discs, or it will let me select auto run but nothing happens......Could my disc set be deffective???

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy

Last edited by Darth Avlectus; 09-10-2008 at 09:07 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,