View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 01:34 PM   #43
Bee Hoon
ngom ngom ngom

Forum Veteran Veteran Fan Fic Author LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
For the record, I am not Qliveur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Nihil
Less options with UHC.
Proof?

Quote:
I'm not giving the dying beggar who's spitting up blood a dime if he didn't try by moving, working multiple jobs, and busting his hump.
What a conundrum! You cannot move without money, employers will not hire you unless they have no other choice, and especially not if you are ill.

Quote:
Diffusion of knowledge? What do you mean>
What your father knows is not what you know.

Quote:
I believe I have used the right term for humane. Your opinion against mine. Definitions can be interoperated any way someone wishes. Also your post. Your not an authority on poverty. Your the level of blogger with that experience. Like me.
humane ( according to the Free Online Dictionary)
Adjective
1. showing kindness and sympathy
2. inflicting as little pain as possible: a humane method of killing minke whales
3. considered to have a civilizing effect on people: the humane tradition of a literary education [variant of human]

Please note meanings 1 and 2. Not much room for misinterpretation there, imho. Definitions are precisely that--to define a word and to leave as little room for ambiguity as possible. If you look back at what you have posted, especially your evident lack of sympathy to those suffering (because you judge them deserving of every iota of pain and misery), you should realise that my request for you to stop abusing the word is really quite reasonable.

I may not be an authority on poverty, but I have witnessed it, whereas you give no indication that you have. Or perhaps you are simply not interested in *why* poverty exists and would prefer to simply live with the presumption that all poor people are lazy. I also do not live with the delusion that my life would have turned out the way it has even if I was born to a poor family.

I do not see what being a blogger has to do with the topic.

Quote:
We are humane. When the bum who can't pay for his gun shot comes in we take care of him. Even though he has no insurance to pay for the work. We the tax payer end of paying for the work done to him.
This has no relevance to the point which it was supposed to address. Even so, while you are on this tangent, I would like solid proof.

Quote:
I doubt after 20 or 30 years of work without a pay raise or advancement you'll still be providing above the UHC set standard of care.
As doctors accumulate experience and expertise, their pays are adjusted accordingly. Even so, I hope that the doctor would want to improve, whether to better serve the patients or as a matter of professional pride.

Quote:
And I said he didn't do that. I said he quit due to his hearing on his own. He didn't choose to continue to work.
That is all well and good, but again, it does not address my point.

Quote:
Which is what we all are doing here. You included.
I acknowledge that fact.

Quote:
A comparison to one country which happened to be the same mortality rate. Doesn't seem like UHC has a better mortality rate or less than PHC system.
All along, you have been arguing that universal healthcare provides inferior care to patients. So what is your stand now? Is the same level of healthcare restricted to those who can afford it a better system than one where an equivalent level of care is offered to all?

Edit: SD Nihil, you might find this and this interesting.

The sun goes down and the sky reddens, pain grows sharp.
light dwindles. Then is evening
when jasmine flowers open, the deluded say.
But evening is the great brightening dawn
when crested cocks crow all through the tall city
and evening is the whole day
for those without their lovers

-Kuruntokai 234, translated by A.K. Ramanujan

[Fic] Shreds of a Dying Belief

Last edited by Bee Hoon; 09-24-2008 at 07:53 AM. Reason: typos, being anal; accidentally duplicating links. oopsie! :X
Bee Hoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,