View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 06:40 PM   #46
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Nihil
In UHC everyone is subject to a set standard of care that cannot be set higher.
Yes, it can be set higher. In fact, with our system, standard of care is determined on a case by case basis.

Quote:
UHC yes everyone gets some level of care. But all have the disadvantage of not having the best care money can buy.
The best care I recieve is that which makes me healthy - I recieve this without having to pay large amounts of money.

Quote:
Or have some of the best docs I believe are in the US.
The 'best' doctors are those who will care for a patient without thinking of fees, or other such nonsense.

Quote:
Guys it's right there to look up online. But okay here: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...earch&aq=f&oq=

Here's some about mortality rate. Make your own opinions. I have: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...h+Care&spell=1
Posting a list of links on Google is not providing a source, nor is it proving your point. You can't simply say 'here's the evidence, if you can find it'. If you want us to see proof, provide a direct link.

Quote:
Those in the medical field take the Hippocratic oath which is to do no harm. We show kindness and sympathy for those good people who worked and bad things happened to them. We don't for those that didn't try.
A Doctor's first, and only duty, is to care for the sick, no matter what their circumstances are, or who they are.

A doctor shouldn't care if the person they're caring for has no money to pay for treatment - anyone who enters the medical profession to make money has entered the wrong career.

Quote:
Those that do not help themselves I have no sympathy for. That's my right to have that opinion.
Yes, it is your right to hold that opinion, however flawed we may think it is, but you should consider those who can't help themselves - such as the mentally or physically disabled. Do they deserve to die because it's impossible for them to help themselves?

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,