View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 10:11 AM   #64
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Nihil View Post
Nothing is completely fair in life. I simply believe that CHC is more more fair. You can't change what I think.
It's not fair by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Nihil
That doesn't make the amount paid any less than a CHC in my opinion.
An amount paid by someone can't be an opinion.

Quote:
CHC you can pay who you want to do the surgery. UHC you have less choice.
No, I reserve the right as patient to recieve a second opinion, and if i'm unhappy with the doctor i'm assigned, I can ask to be treated by another.

Quote:
And all is subject to the government's almighty decision in the end.
Let me break down how it works here in the UK:

We have Primary Care Trusts - they are responsible for the big decisions.

Then we have Hospital Trusts. These trusts are responsible for the Hospitals, and consequently, how care is administered.

The only thing the government is responsible for is the political side.

Quote:
With CHC we get to our patients quick too. We make advancements in medicine too. There's less to gain from making a cure in UHC because the government can decide if you should get paid for your work or if you have to steel your idea to the government.
What?

Quote:
You have no right to tell me how to think or post. The only power you have is to make sure I don't break forum rules. I never said all poor people are poor and in pain because of their lack of work. Yes there are some instances where people have worked hard and just had bad luck come their way. But in the US the majority who work get rewarded.
She's a moderator, and she's right.

Quote:
Too many links like you said. You might be picking out just a few to support your opinion. The point is I'm way to busy and don't care to research that heavily.
If you're not willing to take the time to research, then why are we even having this discussion?

Quote:
I said ultimately it's up to the government.
No, it isn't, but I'm not going to bother mentioning it any more, as it's clear that you seem to think that UHCs are evil.

Quote:
I don't think it will be slight. And I don't want the government or a UHC to tell me I must pay for someone else.
Why not? I'm reminded of a famous quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFK
Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country
Quote:
Amount getting care doesn't mean all will get quality of care they need unless ultimately the government says so.
The NHS is duty bound to provide the highest standards and quality of care to all who require, at the point of delivery. The Government has little say in this.

Quote:
O Reilly is a smart guy. Forward to about 1 min and 50 sec into it.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,