View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 11:44 PM   #4
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Okay, I just read your entire review. Very interesting read, Shem. It sounds to me like the last-gen versions of this game completely own their next-gen counterparts in nearly every single way possible.

This is why I wish they could release an uber version of this game for PC eventually, completely remade from the ground up. It would be a cross between both versions, using the next-gen engine and graphics but preferring most of the good stuff from the last-gen systems that you mentioned. It would also be nice if they could tweak it a bit to be more faithful to the novel. In the novel, Galen uses Kota's green lightsaber following his first betrayal by Vader, and then build one with an aqua-colored blade after departing from Kashyyyk, utilizing a blue crystal he found in his father's home. However, in the FMV's Galen uses a blue lightsaber from Cloud City onwards. I wish they'd change it to green at that point, up until Imperial Felucia.

Also in the novel, seeing a vision of Darth Vader murdering his father and taking him under his wing as his apprentice, as well as finding out his real name -- Galen -- from the apparition of his father, Kento Marek, plays a major part in his character development from that point onward. I'd like to see this implemented as well.

Sadly, such a game will likely never exist.

I remember being so disappointed that Kazdan Paratus' junk Jedi Council droids don't come to life and attack you as they do in the book. I though, well, maybe that happens in the Wii/PS2 versions. But from what you said, it looks like it doesn't. The novel also provides a motive for PROXY to come and kill you on Felucia: he has been corrupted by the planet's droid intelligence core, which is where Galen discovers him and fights him. It even makes mention of his photoreceptors (eyes) turning red and his voice changing. And he assumes the forms of Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi in addition to Darth Maul.

In the game, he just randomly shows up to try to kill you. Such a shame.

Also, the way you fight Palpatine in the 360 version makes him seem a lot more like his character was originally portrayed in Return of the Jedi before the prequels gave us a different picture: so powerful that he uses only the Force, without the need of a lightsaber. I don't know if this was the intention or not, but that's the feeling it gave me.

But yeah, anyway, it appears from what you said that the last-gen versions are far superior! I am quite surprised.

I say we start a petition for that uber hybrid PC version I had in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,