View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 09:45 AM   #184
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-El View Post
I'm willing to bet the answer to who are the true Sith? is right in front of us. All we have to do is piece things together. I'm beginning to theorize that the Sith species was turned into a triad.

spoiler:
Massassi, Kissai, and the original fallen Jedi. Massassi and Kissai being the original two species that originated on Korriban.

Look at what I found:
The Massassi
The Kissai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-El View Post
spoiler:
"Kissai and Massassi are two subspecies of the original Sith race of Korriban. The Kissai are the priests and spiritual leaders who indoctrinate their comerades in the teachings of the Sith. The Massassi are ferocious, selfless soldiers led by the great Sith Lords." -- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide

There is a whole background story to both speices. Massassi and Kissai end up leaving Korriban and resettling on Yavin IV and Ziost. There is more to the story, but I have to finish reading it through.

True. Very true. There is so much to the expanded universe. Once you think a mystery has been solved, another fact or piece is added to the mix.

I see you've read the Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide hehe, there is very little new information in this guide, as I too have it, and all previous Essential guides, Guide books, comics and games.
It's what we have known for years but worded slightly differently, with a few tidbits from the current comic lines added in. check the other sources for the two links you gave

Massassi were first introduced in 1982 then retconned, they have kept there current back story and appearance relatively as is, for 14 years, and while the name kissai is only a couple of years old we have been aware that there were other caste's of the sith species for the same amount of time, again the mixing of the Exiled Dark Jedi with said species is very old news.
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,