View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 12:36 AM   #96
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
First of all, saying that the Empire "just had stormtroopers, soldiers and stuff" doesn't really say anything, because doing so implies that Revan/Malak's doesn't when it clearly does.

Second, Palpatine's Empire did have Dark Jedi - plenty of them. There were the Inquisitors, whose specialty was eliminating Force-sensitives, interrogation, and other Intelligence-related matters. There were also the Emperor's Hands, who were assassins who carried out low-profile missions for Palpatine. Then there were the Prophets of the Dark Side, who sought out Force-sensitives within the Empire, and also occasionally acted as advisors for the Emperor. After that, there's the Emperor's Shadow Guards, who hunted fugitive Jedi during the Purge. Finally, there's just the miscellaneous lesser Dark Jedi who held other positions in the Empire.

The difference between the Dark Jedi in Palpatine's empire and those in Revan and Malak's is that Palpatine's actually served a purpose, instead of just being random Force adepts running around. And of course, Palpy's Dark Jedi were not as well-known, since the Empire encouraged the general public to believe that the Force didn't even exist.
I'm not going by EU, I'm going by movies, I don't remember seeing "inquisitors" in the movies.
I don't remember seeing Revan's army have Stormtroopers/Clonetroopers either.

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,