View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 06:50 PM   #108
Web Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-El View Post
Do you know why the oil demands are high? Shhh... Its a big secret. Every time we have a oil shortage, we are in the throws of fighting a war. It allways happens. Once the wars are done and over, the demand and price of oil will fall drastically. Shhh...

I knew the bail out would be negative.
I don't recall saying anything about oil. I was responding to the suggestion that we should cut spending. I gave examples of two examples of where we have excessive spending. Generally when you make cut you cut excessive spending, not things that are already just skin and bones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
1. Why'd revenues increase when we cut taxes then?
Considering we're still cutting spending, cutting jobs, and prices are going up, I'd be curious to know what revenues you're talking about.

Quote:
2. Don't start on the expensive war crud, you also saying we shouldn't have gone to Afghanistan too?
The $100 billion+ a year stuff didn't start till the war in Iraq. EVERY major power that's launched a war in the last half of a millennium knows that a war with 2 fronts FAILS.

Specifically, our massive military force isn't what's effective against people hiding in caves. What's effective against them is small covert-ops missions. And that's a whole heck of a lot cheaper than "shock and awe".

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Web Rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,