View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 10:16 AM   #1
Litofsky
Galaxial

Ramifications of American responce to WW2 (+WW1)

Split from UN - Islam thread, please continue WW2 discussion here; - j7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Nihil View Post
When the UN makes a resolution, a warning, and they don't back that up when it's broken that makes the resolutions in my opinion not mean so much.
Perhaps that is because, as mentioned previously, that when they can't even influence one of their most important members, they lack the resolve/strength to get anything actual done?

Quote:
Sorry I didn't respond last night. Some of us have to go to bed to get up because we have things to do the next day.
And some people live in different time zones.

Quote:
But yes I believe because the UN had their oil for food agreement that's why they didn't want us to go into Iraq because they would lose out in their deal with Saddam.
Wow, an institution doing something that would benefit its members! Crazy, right? Perhaps it was that, or maybe the UN say no justifiable reason to invade Iraq.

Quote:
We the US already didn't like Saddam. I don't believe in compromising on our resolutions for the sake ofmoney. To me that's like selling out on your convictions. And since the UN does not support what we feel is good and right that too makes them useless to us. We mean what we say when we go into war. Or at least most of the time, Veitnam being the exception. But the UN in my opinion when it caves on it's resolutions shows it has little to no spine.
So, everything just a tool in the world to help the US carry its 'righteous convictions' throughout the land?

Again, the UN is a conglomeration of countries, and serves all of us, not just one. It doesn't matter who contributes the most money, or such. Generally, bribery is illegal.

Quote:
And Astor this just shows by you saying others didn't need us in WWII how un grateful other countries are who hate us. We in America believe if it were not for us you'd all be speaking german. So your entitled to believe you didn't believe us, but for example the French we had to save from Hitler's take over.
Don't you dare speak for me. You are blindly assuming that the US was the single deciding factor in World War II. I admit, the US helped an immense amount after we entered the war, but that doesn't mean we get to take all of the 'glory.'

I feel somewhat bad for you if you believe that being ungrateful constitutes being hateful.

Quote:
Again in my opinion it shows how generous we are to save countries even when they are un grateful. And not everyone like you believes they didn't need the US in WWI and WWII. There are those that are grateful we saved you Europe.
Who to say that everyone in a country is ungrateful? You're assuming that, based off of your skewed perception of a few posts that all of Europe is ungrateful (and therefore hateful, according to your post) for our actions in WWII. Sure, we helped a lot, but that does not entitle us to claim victory and glory for ourselves.

Quote:
Heck we rebuilt you so you can sit here right now on a computer and bash your liberators. So your welcome.
Freedom of speech. It's one of the great qualities of most nations.

Last edited by jonathan7; 10-04-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Litofsky is offline   you may: quote & reply,