View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 01:29 PM   #5
Litofsky
Galaxial

Just to say a few things off the bat before I answer your questions:

1) I live in the United States of America. I never said I didn't (in fact, I even mentioned that I lived here in my previous post). Also, I believe that you have me confused with someone else (if I recall correctly, this is the first time we've communicated with each other).

2) Please, when speaking about America, don't use the term "we." Saying "we" implies that the lot of us agree with what your saying, and that's just not true.

I also cut out the points that were not directed at me, so as to keep our argument focused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Nihil View Post
I again think it is because the UN didn't want to mess up their deal with Saddam. And I think it's because the UN is spineless, weak, and doesn't listen to the one country (us) that has done more for others than any other nation has in the history of the world.
That's entirely possible. If you've got a good economic deal that benefits multiple member nations, why would you mess that up with a war that was/is unjustified (I say 'unjustified,' as the Senators voting for the war were deliberately misled).

Quote:
I think we are the best nation on the planet. I'm glad I live here rather than in other countries who hate us, are jelous, whin, are weaker than us, and are un grateful to us.
I think that we're a pretty good nation. I never said that we weren't. However, you're assuming that every nation is "ungrateful" and that they "hate us." Please, provide a significant piece of evidence supporting your position.

Quote:
You've never told me what country are you from? And please actually say a name. Before when I asked you all you said was in another zip code. Have pride in your country, we do.
Refer to Point 1. The United States of America. Again, I believe that you've gotten me confused with someone else.

Quote:
Now again this above about weak and stuff is not meant as an insult to other countries. It's simply how we feel. I hate none of you here. I simply disagree with other countries who don't agree with us and well the above I have written.
So, you don't like County "A" because it disagrees with us?

Quote:
We believe even with other countries kicking and screaming against our help that we feel we know what's best for them, and what's also best for us too.
Yes, I've noticed that as well. The question remains, however, if we actually are helping them. It depends on the situation and opinion.

Quote:
I never said single. I said a major contributer. I don't speak for you. Our country does for you and other I believe. It's like how some that believe in our Christan God that fight against him, or try. No matter what I believe he knows best too. We feel we know what's best.
So, the US is like God, only on Earth? That's what I derived from your post. If you please, when was our apotheosis? I'm pretty sure that we're just an influential nation that likes to take center-stage in most major world events.

Quote:
Like before with the world wars you assume I belive that we were the sole person who won the world wars. And again you assume here too. I never said everyone did I.

Some, other than you, are actually grateful when America helps them. Who doesn't want victory and glory. Even our enemies realize that.
You have my apologies for inferring something not said. The US did help the Allies a significant amount, I never denied that.

Quote:
But not all countries allow you to speak badly against their government without fear of punishment from that government. We Americans have a government that allows you to speak poorly against your own government. That is your right in this great land.
Yes, that's the beauty of our county. We're allowed to voice our opinions without worrying about retribution by our government. I dare to say that the reason the Founding Fathers included the First Amendment in the Constitution for a reason similar to this.

Quote:
And I could also say if it were not for the French we would've not been here. But that was when they stood by us way back then. I'm just happy the current leader of France has seen the error in our opinion of his country's ways. Maybe that boycotting we did to them paid off.
People are allowed to have their own opinions. It's nice to have allies, but you can't make someone your ally. That's up to the leaders to decide (and, at an even more basic level, that up to the people to decide their leaders).

Quote:
And "your welcome". I think I said your welcome so you mean Thank you US for all the good you do for the rest of the world. We should be a heck of a lot nicer to you. Heck we should support you in your quest for freedom everywhere. Without you the world would be a whole lot worse America.But I will say Thank You in exercising your free speech that we believe in too.
Again, I'm American. Born and raised here. Just because I disagree with your ideas doesn't mean I don't realize what America's done in the world. However, I disagree with what you're saying. Just because America has done this or that doesn't make it the end all be all of existence.
Litofsky is offline   you may: quote & reply,