View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #9
Litofsky
Galaxial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Nihil View Post
Again you guys don't read and you come back with the same arguments. Why am I wasting my time with you. I said it does not matter if they had WMDs or not. They broke the cease fire agreement. The UN didn't follow through with their resoultions and we acted.But whatever. I'm tired of telling it over and over and over. Scarcasm: Yup Bush is evil and America is evil and aggressive, and mean. lol.
I don't know why you're "wasting your time" with us. I find this quite interesting, and I'm saddened to know that you consider the exchange of opinions a "waste of time."

However, once more, I believe that you're missing my point. The Senate voted to go to war with Iraq based on the belief that they held WMDs, not because they broke the cease-fire. The pretenses under which we went to war were false/fabricated.

As for the last part of your post, some people view us (meaning America as a country) as "evil" and "aggressive." It all depends how you look at it, and the circumstances.

Quote:
It's like you guys live on this forum. How can you guys post all day. Don't you have jobs to go to?
It's the weekend for most of us.

Quote:
Well you sure don't act patriotic. And if I want to us we as in America meaning not just I believe this way. We did this we did that. So I will use we. Don't tell me what to do.
I fail to see how not saying that America is the world liberator is unpatriotic. I'm not telling you what to do. Rather, I'm asking that, when referring to America in general, you avoid assuming that everyone agrees with you (as evidenced by your constant use of "we" in place of "USA/America").

It groups many people that disagree with you into one group, and I, for one, would request that you stop stereotyping America. We're a group of many people, with a multitude of ideas, not just a single collective that shares the exact same thoughts.

Quote:
Again, a member benefiting the UN at the expense of inocents in Iraq. Lives mean more than material things in my opinion. Saddm was feeding his army and not his people. So yes all those nations who benefited off of that food for oil scandal were wrong in supporting a deal with Saddam like this.
Source? Assuming that this is true:

What you say has merit, but Saddam was feeding his people (just not all of them. As you say, he was only feeding the military). So, because Country "X" makes a deal with Country "B," and people are harmed by this, you say that they are morally wrong?

Quote:
Because they rarely support us for all that we do. I think they should show that they are grateful by standing for what we do. Giving lives, aid, and mone to help others. They should be much nicer to us for all that we sacrificed.
So, these gifts aren't just altruistic in nature? It's a shame that our aid comes with strings attached, as if the recipient country didn't accept the terms, people would suffer. And then wouldn't that be the fault of both nations? And therefore morally wrong?

Quote:
A lot of us believe what we are doing is good for other countries. We rock in my opinion. And we'll continue to help others dispite what other countries think of us, say about us, or resist us.
Yes, many citizens agree with you. However,

Quote:
I'm saying he knows what's best. And I believe we know what's best too.
If I remember correctly my geometry correctly, the Transitive Property property stated that, if A=B, and B=C, then A=C (variations apply).

So, God (A)= Knows what's best (B). And the US (C)= knows what's best (B). Therefore, does A=C? According to my math, you're saying that the US is equivalent to God in terms of power and influence?

Please, correct me if I've interpreted you incorrectly.

Quote:
I agree. Wow one thing we agree on. lol. Yeah and that too in my opinion makes us better than some countries that don't have that aspect to them.
I'm immensely grateful for our Constitution.

Quote:
People have such disrespect for the greatest generation. A lot of decendents still believe the way they do. And those not related to them do too.
What makes this generation the greatest (I assume that you mean our generation, in this case). Also, what is the point of this statement?
Litofsky is offline   you may: quote & reply,