View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 10:13 AM   #2
KinchyB
Rookie

Current Game: FO: NV, DS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-El View Post
Capitalism destroyed the American Dream.
Fixed

...Big Oil...Golden Parachutes...Lobbyists...nuff said

Quote:
If the government steps in and nationalizes systems, we will become one step closer to communism.
Umm...so I'm assuming that you are assuming that communism is bad. Maybe in it's purist form it doesn't work well (Debatable I suppose) or maybe it's also how it was implemented previously and currently for that matter. But any government in a pure form is bad... including democracy. That's why we are not 100% democratic.

Quote:
U.S. government will be able to tell you how to eat, talk, walk, buy, and how to do buisness. Your freedom of choice, variety, and other behaviors will be over.
Slight exagerration maybe...? Insenuating that if we have Universal Healthcare then all of a sudden the government "will be able to tell you how to eat, talk, walk, buy, and how to do buisness" seems a bit of a stretch.

Also, keep in mind no one is suggesting we have Universal Healthcare in the way that it's suggest here that is government ran. They may say that everyone needs insurance so if you don't have any you get the same insurance congress and the senate have currently, but that is it.

Enjoy

• Now with 37% more Kinchyness!
  • Optimistprime (Where's the pic Achilles?!)
  • I'm still an interplanetary penguin.
KinchyB is offline   you may: quote & reply,