View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 04:09 PM   #17
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Sweden is a very bad example because of the size of their population compared to the US.
No it isn't. Population size has nothing to do with it. Your argument is that the system doesn't work. Please stick to your guns or move along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
If you're referring to China, I'm going to refer you to all the human rights violations.
I'm not referring to any country. I'm merely pointing out that your comparison is false. If you to compare Pure Communism to Regulated Capitalism that's fine, but realize that both are strawmen because no one is suggesting Pure Communism and the current financial crisis exists because we've become too deregulated. A more truthful comparison would be Pure Communism vs Pure Capitalism (which you alluded does not work in your previous post and we have some evidence for now).

Which leaves us with some sort of "Communism" (I can only assume from your posts that you view gov't involvement to any degree as "Communism")/Capitalism hybrid. Which I think many of us are in favor of. What that looks like precisely probably still needs to be discussed.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,