Thread: Forum policies
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 12:26 PM   #50
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post
My point is that appointing more mods probably won't help - because then we'd just get the mods arguing amongst themselves, without actually getting anything done.
We actually talk a lot among ouselves in mod forum and in IM--some of the staff I talk to on a daily or near daily basis, so if there's something borderline, more than a few times I've talked to them and said 'what do you think?' before taking or not taking action. There's quite a bit more chatting behind the scenes than most people realize.

One thing I''d also like to say is that when we give an infraction, it doesn't mean we hate someone's guts or necessarily hate the idea that person is talking about. It just means we've found a post that violates the rules and the specific posting behavior needs to be corrected. We know people are going to have bad days, and we mods are going to have good and bad days like everyone else. It's hard not to take an infraction personally, but it's nearly always nothing more than a corrective action to maintain good quality rather than punitive or spiteful.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,