View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 02:12 PM   #11
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Web Rider View Post
To properly respond, I'll have to ask you to define a "natural disaster". Ice storms happen in the North Eastern US, but are rarely as damaging as hurricanes.
Your argument seems to be that people shouldn't live where they know that they could be the victims of a natural disaster. So please tell me which part of the world meets this criteria. I don't need to define "natural disaster" as I'm sure that you know what a natural disaster is.

All in all, I think your post makes several poorly thought-out assumptions and displays a general lack of empathy. Why do people live in tornado alley (et al)? Better yet, why do people live in trailer parks in tornado alley (et al)? Your post seems to suggest that it's because they are lazy thrill-seekers looking to make a dime off the tax payers (I guess they themselves don't pay taxes?)? I guess you've never seen footage of a home owner crying over the loss of life and property. I guess you can't imagine what it's like to be so poor that the only place you can afford to live is where property prices are low due to the increased chance of natural disasters.

As mimartin pointed out, some people have to go to where the jobs are and sometimes that means having to live somewhere potentially dangerous. Regardless, despite all the things that I find to be generally offensive in your post, I do sincerely hope that you never have to find yourself in a position where you require the charity of others.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,