Thread: Who am I?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #7
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Who am I?

I'm a Christian Freethinker - something which I think aptly describes the wonderful contradiction in terms that constitutes me.

As a Christian it is my job to bring the love of Jesus to the world, as a freethinker its my job to educate...

My signature records my belief that both Jesus and love would suffice to solve the worlds problems 'Love your neighbour as yourself', or I could articulate it in the negative sense as one of the great Greeks; "Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others". --Socrates (After recent events in forum, I think a few of you would do well to recall that).

I'm not meaning to start a debate here, just offering insight into who I am, and love and my thoughts on it have a strong impact on my views of the world. The world, at least as it seems to me is in the state it is in because of a lack of love.

Why do I come to Kavars? To hear varying people's opinions on a wide range of topics and to offer my own opinions on things. As my favourite philosopher said, in a quote I've said more than a few times; "The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher regard those who think alike than those who think differently." - Friedrich Nietzsche. It is my personal way of doing things to learn the opposites sides point of view before debating it. It is always interesting how people of different cultures and backgrounds view things.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,