View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 12:03 PM   #62
hhunter6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
I don't doubt that you have. But I don't see how that has anything to do with our justification (or lack thereof) for being there in the first place.

Thank you for your service. If you are still there, I hope that you are safe and that you get to come home soon. Take care.
Let me ask this. How would you feel if Bush said, "Saddam is mass killing his people and it needs to stop. Thats why were going in." Would you feel different? I'm not defending the reason why we were over there in the first place by any means. There is alot that I don't agree with about the war in Iraq. But after seeing a grave of about 100 thousand bodies many children with bullet holes in there head, how big his palaces were and the poverty of the surrounding villages were. In some way it was justified going over there. But again when you find no WOMD then its a tainted mission so to speak. My thought is you see videos of the military bumping cars, which is crazy in its self due to the vehicle IED threat, but you never know out there. and I wouldn't want to be the next military guy to be captured and beheaded.

You don't have to thank me for anything I've enjoyed my time as a marine and I have no regrets. I havn't been back there for two years and i hear its calmed down alot since I was there. But I've seen alot there that no one here ever sees or hears about. (go media) I'm just one man with his own opinion. but I enjoy healthy conversations about it. It keeps you sane
hhunter6 is offline   you may: quote & reply,