View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 01:07 AM   #138
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Kavar's Corner is interesting because it allows people across the broad spectrum of Star Wars fans to share their thoughts on things other than Star Wars and video games. I was thrilled when I found it, and promptly got put in my place a few times for pomposity, pedantism, and general bullying without reason. Nothing ever made me happier than to have someone with an intelligent voice make me feel foolish for voicing half-baked ideas... it reminded me of grad Phil classes! Without the tuition!

I understand the difficulties of moderating a forum like Kavar's - it mostly has to do with the fact (fact has been sufficiently explained here recently, I think) that our forum base is very broad and diverse, in age, experience, and education - to start with, and obviously many other differences. Not everyone can create an iron-clad argument, with sound evidence and logical structure. Conversely, not everyone is prepared to take the heat from Achilles when they post something absurdly conceived.

I say tough. I love this part of the forum, because it is what it is. Although the poll is closed, that's my thought. I also appreciate that it is here, despite how difficult it is to moderate. A labor of love, that I guess wears a little thin from time to time - especially these days when opinions everywhere are running hot.
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,