View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #66
hhunter6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
I am by no means an expert either, but I would encourage you to watch old footage of Secretary of State Dick Cheney talking about why Bush 41 opted not to invade Iraq.
indeed i'll have to watch this. however since ole Dick can not tell the difference between man and beast I may tend to steer clear of him all together

Quote:
That taken with reports that I've heard (sorry, no source so take with a grain of salt) that Bush 41 did not support Bush 43's invasion of Iraq leads me to suspect that even the "finishing what dad started" explanation doesn't work. But again, this is all my dime-store analysis.
Just cause papa doesn't approve doesn't mean son can't do. Lol. However I do remember hearing that W wanted to be remembered at the man who took down Saddam. I can't verify nor does it justify.

Quote:
Humanitarian crisis in Darfur vs. humanitarian crisis in Iraq. Relatively small oil reserves in Sudan mostly committed to China vs. 3rd largest known oil reserves in Iraq right next to neighboring ally with 1st largest known oil reserves (Saudi Arabia) which also holds strategic significance for neighboring enemy with 2nd largest known oil reserves (Iran).
well thats all good to look at but I might be wrong, but do we not get a majority of our black gold(Texas tea) from Canada? but that is also asking why are we there as well.

Quote:
Indeed, it is very sad.
Thanks for the great discussion! I am enjoying it very much
Indeed it has been a great discussion. Its always nice to learn new things and hear how regular people feel about the issue.
hhunter6 is offline   you may: quote & reply,