View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 01:30 PM   #9
gumpy
Rookie

I don't download new games, movies, music, etc... but if I want to play an old game that isn't being sold anymore, I download it and play it. I don't feel wrong about it.

As was already stated, what is the real difference between downloading a copy of an old game and hunting on Ebay and buying a copy? Since the game isn't being sold anymore, the designers of the game are not getting any money either way.

I don't see why people get all huffy and look down on people who download an old game that isn't being sold anymore and hasn't been sold for over 18+ years. If you feel that it is wrong to download old games, then fine, if you want to hunt around on Ebay and pay $200 or more to buy a game from some guy in Singapore and get 18+ year old disks, that may or may not work, that's up to you. But don't get upset and start acting all self righteous because someone else doesn't have a problem with downloading an old game.

Let's face it... If I download a copy of an old game, it is not hurting anybody! The game is not being sold, so I'm not taking away money from the game's designers.
gumpy is offline   you may: quote & reply,