Thread: Crafting
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 12:15 AM   #8
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
I'd like enough crafting to maximize customization without it being required for advancement--i.e. it can drop as loot, you can buy it, or you can make it if you want, but I'd hate to have to craft something to get to another level. That being said, I'd also like options besides pure combat in order to earn XP. One of the things I liked about Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines was you got xp for the encounter, not the kill--if you could sneak your way through, bluff or schmooze your way through successfully, it was worth just as much (sometimes more) than if you just killed your way through.

People seem to really like some level of crafting in LOTRO--Bob Lion has a great house and it looked like he had a good time putting it together and customizing it for himself, and that can add fun to the game just as much as taking out 10,000 sith fighters. Guild Wars doesn't have very much in the way of weapon or armor customization to near the degree that LotRO has, and from what I see on the GW boards, a lot of people would like to see more customization in GW2.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,