View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 01:01 AM   #44
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
((Archon, you weren’t available tonight, so I’ve taken the liberty of giving Celeb a few lines, just to keep him prominent. If you’d rather I didn’t, let me know and I’ll edit them out accordingly.))

Tawnos felt a surge of intensely dark emotion grow in his stomach, sending a shiver down his spine. His mind flew inexplicably to Osay, and he somehow knew that he was going to have regretted not staying behind to help her. He lay Lite on the couch, and forced his still absent sister into the chair by the window.

He turned to Celeb, who he expected would be the only one of the six of them apart from himself who would come out of this outing relatively unscathed. “How’re you doing?” he asked.

Celeb considered for a moment, again taken aback at being addressed directly. “Uhm... I’m alright,” he said, looking around at the others in their group. “Kind of wish we could have been there for the attack - maybe taken some of the heat off those two,” he jerked his thumb towards Gherion and Ashalle, who were positioned at the window.

Tawnos cursed again. “Me too,” he said. “I should have been with them, at least - she’s my sister. We may not be the closest siblings in the Galaxy, but it’s still my job to watch out fo--“

Another shiver ran through his spine, this one colder than the first. He spun around, blaster at the ready, as the door to the apartment opened. After a second’s hesitation, he noticed that it was Osay. And she was hurt.

All caution and pre-tense forgotten, he dropped his blaster on the floor and rushed forward. She collapsed into his waiting arms, gasping for breath. He threw inhibition to the winds, picking her up off her feet altogether and literally carrying her to the other side of the room, placing her gently on the empty bed. She continued to gasp for breath.

“Celeb, find me something to use as a bandage - and a few towels or something too, so I can try to mop her up a bit.”

He bent over her as Celeb dashed around the room. “It’s ok,” he said quietly, using his hand to wipe the blood off of her face. He looked her up and down, taking in her wounds and injuries.

“How is she?” asked Celeb, handing Tawnos a number of cloth towels and a bottle of a disinfectant agent. He doused one of the towels in the liquid. “I think it’s more exhaustion than anything... she’s got a few scrapes, but the worst of it is definitely her arm. It looks pretty deep...” he said quietly. “I have a basic knowledge of human anatomy and emergency first aid, but nothing to deal with a wound like this. There’s only so much I can do...” He bent over her again. “I need to clean your wound,” he said, trying to sound soothing. “This is going to sting, but there’s nothing I can do about that.”

Gherion walked over to the group tending to Osay and withdrew a small spray capsule filled with a bright green liquid. He still looked ready to collapse himself, but he was standing, and moving with enough confidence that he wasn’t too much worry. “Use this on the wound. It’s some allergy medicine I take, numbs whatever it comes into contact with to alleviate any pain caused during a reaction.”

Last edited by The Doctor; 10-25-2008 at 01:33 AM.
The Doctor is offline   you may: