View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 10:36 AM   #12
Bad Asp!
Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udvarnoky View Post
Anywho, I'm definitely among the people who say that Freelance Police should be let go considering that it's long dead and buried, but it was by all accounts shaping up to be a good game. At least, Purcell said so, and that's good enough for me. But yes, let's move the hell on, especially considering how good the Telltale games are. (And Telltale has employed most of the people who worked on Freelance Police anyway. For God's sake, Stemmle is even there now.) LucasArts isn't capable of making good adventure games anymore, Purcell wouldn't sign the rights over to them in the event that they would ever want to make a Sam & Max game (which they don't), and Telltale can't legally use any of the content from the game (eternally LEC property) anyway, so why dwell on it? Besides, if there were any story ideas from Freelance Police that were really great, Telltale could probably recycle them provided they change things up a bit, or you know, just make up new stuff like they've been doing. It's worked out fine so far.
Geez, am I the only one with a frickin' backbone on this forum? Letting it go is something I would NEVER in a million years even THINK of doing, so I think that certain people on this forum need to let go of the belief that allowing Lucasarts to get away with anything of THIS nature is what they should be doing. With all due respect, of course.
Bad Asp! is offline   you may: quote & reply,