View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 02:58 PM   #20
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
I still see no mention of the Endar Spire being a flagship of any kind. Closest term I see is Capital ship, which =/= flagship. But I guess my comment about this was a minor terminology thing that I picked up on more than anything. It's not really important, even by our nit picky, fan-boy standards.
Yes. Looking back on it, I guess that it was just a minor terminology disagreement.
Quote:
And simply because the crawl says that the fleet was engaging Malak's doesn't mean they were sent there to do so. In fact, Carth said as much, saying that "[they] didn't choose that battle, anyway, it got forced on [them]". They could very well have been on a supply run or patrol, and been ambushed.
True, but logically (or in my logic, lol) why would a Republic ship be that close to Taris on a supply run? A planet overrun by the Sith and is obviously a base planet for them. That is just me though. I guess that I should say this again..."desperate effort to halt the Sith's galactic domination".

But doesn't Trask say something about being ambushed by the Sith...some of it doesn't make sense though...
Quote:
As far as Wookiepedia's lack of mention of other ships is concerned; not only is Wookiepedia one of the least credible sources out there, but it can by no means retcon information from the game itself - which clearly states that a fleet was engaged in the battle of Taris.
Do you know of any other Star Wars databases other than Star Wars Databank and wookiepedia?
Quote:
Also remember that we only see a minuscule part of Taris. The entire planet could have been riddled with escape pods, easily.
Very true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
Aren't you forgetting about the escape pods that crashed on the Undercity? We only manage to see one, but there are certainly others around, as stated by the dwellers and Lower City gang members. There's also the crewmembers found on Zelka's Clinic. He says that on the aftermath of the battle, "people started secretly bringing them [the republics] here [the clinic]."

The same can be said of the Jedi battle fleet. We only get to see one cruiser, but that doesn't mean there aren't others - they're simply implicit. And by the time the initial cutscene starts, the battle seems to be ending. We may notice that on the way the Endar Spire looks damaged.
Yes. One guy can't remember everything at 10 o'clock at night though.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,