Thread: RPG vs. MMORPG
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 09:04 PM   #51
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
When I first heard word that this new game was going to be an MMO, I was pissed. Beyond pissed. I was livid. I was ready to swear off the game completely, and not even bother keeping up with its progress, nor try it when it came out.

I simply don't believe that an MMO can do the era justice. However, I also loathed the first KotOR game when I first read about it, and swore I'd never try it. It was purchased for me by my less-than-in-touch-with-my-life uncle from BC, and I tried it to humour him. It's not my favourite game of all time, and I can't imagine how I could have been such an ass.

So, I'm going to give the game a try, at least on a trial basis if possible. Maybe they'll pull a Jagex, and offer limited Free Servers in addition to the full Members one. Hopefully that's the only aspect they take from RuneScape, though. I used to play it. I was not amused. -_-

So, ultimately, I'm cautiously optimistic about this new chapter in the Old Republic era. I will definitely try it, but I'm not going to let myself get too excited about it, lest I be let down.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,