Thread: RPG vs. MMORPG
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 11:41 PM   #64
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
As for the time consumption: Wow's statistics show the average age to be in their 30's your point of children being the only ones with time on their hands is out of line. In fact, it might be even more compelling for families to get multiple accounts so that the family can play together, or they may just share an account between them.
We have 4 Guild Wars accounts now so that we can play together as a family. It cost us a fair amount (though we got the latter 2 accounts on sale as the prices came down), but less than the cost of going to the movies 3 times as a family. Instead of family game night around the kitchen table, we have family game night on the computers. I'm hoping TOR has a family discount....

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,