View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 04:33 PM   #7
Yar-El
Banned

Current Game: The Witcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Moeller View Post
I especially think with all the fans that have been waiting for a KotOR 3, many of them will still try it because it is obvious that we are not getting a SPRPG. I am sure a lot of people do not like that it's an MMO, but it is all kotor fans are getting.
It does spark some curiosity in KotOR fans; however, how many of them will actually make the plunge. We will have to wait and see.

BioWare seems very confident. My question is - Why do they keep defending the art and MMO choice if they are confident?

Star Wars: Gallaxies had imploded from making some changes. I don't entirely undertand the changes myself; however, the sudden departure of fans does raise a red flag.

Some of the things BioWare must do to win me over -
(1) Under $10 subscription fee per month. Why? BioWare's Tens of millions of fans statement. BioWare is betting on a large audience; thus, any subscription over $10 a month would be greedy. One dollar from a million fans generates a million dollars a month. Could you add things up if five million fans each paid $20 per month for one year. Greed.

(2) An option that prevents other players from killing me. Why? I don't want to be bothered by other player characters. I only want to interact with npcs, and be able to independantly discover the story behind The Old Republic.

(3) A save option. I don't want to pay into months of progress so that I can't reset if something goes wrong. Money = Time = Progress. Taking away the save option will waste and burn money. Why would I want to play a game where I spend hours on progress, so an insane or angry fan could kill me off. Are we talking about arcades, or are we talking about a pc game? *Insert another quater to start over* Ouch.

(4) Quality graphics, content, and experiences. I'm not paying for Super Mario Kart Online. I want a game that mirrors the originals. I don't want Cartoon Network meets Star Wars. Lame.

They want my cash? Good. Work for my cash. Why? I worked long and hard for my buck; thus, BioWare will have to do some serious work on their end.
Yar-El is offline   you may: quote & reply,