View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 04:53 PM   #8
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Then I do not think you will be playing the game because I don't see any of your four points happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-El View Post
(1) Under $10 subscription fee per month. Why? BioWare's Tens of millions of fans statement. BioWare is betting on a large audience; thus, any subscription over $10 a month would be greedy. One dollar from a million fans generates a million dollars a month. Could you add things up if five million fans each paid $20 per month for one year. Greed.
Expect to see the standard $15/month fee. I do not think this is unreasonable at all and yeah while I would love to see low or no fees just like everyone else, I just do not see it happening.

Quote:
(2) An option that prevents other players from killing me. Why? I don't want to be bothered by other player characters. I only want to interact with npcs, and be able to independantly discover the story behind The Old Republic.
There will probably be certain areas where pvp is enabled and others where it is off, but pvp is definitely going to be a part of the game. You don't have republic and sith factions so they can play nice.

Quote:
(3) A save option. I don't want to pay into months of progress so that I can't reset if something goes wrong. Money = Time = Progress. Taking away the save option will waste and burn money. Why would I want to play a game where I spend hours on progress, so an insane or angry fan could kill me off. Are we talking about arcades, or are we talking about a pc game? *Insert another quater to start over* Ouch.
They have already said there is no save function and it is unrealistic to expect a save function on an mmo.

Quote:
(4) Quality graphics, content, and experiences. I'm not paying for Super Mario Kart Online. I want a game that mirrors the originals. I don't want Cartoon Network meets Star Wars. Lame.
I personally like the stylized graphics but I assume this is what you are referring to by cartoon. Stylized graphics over photo-realistic graphics last much longer because they do not become dated as quickly, and lowers the system requirements which gives the game a much larger audience. The only problem I have with the graphics from the few screenshots I have seen are the lightsaber sizes which they are addressing.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,