View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 06:13 AM   #53
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
I agree that it shouldn't be it's own profession, but even Han and Chewie had to do a little crafting(well repairs haha... "No, This one goes here, That one goes there"). They also had to deal with merchants(Watto scenes). And of course engineering(Anakin EP1). While it isn't the main profession for them(well it was at the time for Anakin), they still had a need for skills other than fighting.

Before you make mention of how little they showed of crafting and non-fighting scenes, remember that there were more shots of people doing boring hum drum scenes than there were of bounty hunting. in the original trilogy, Boba Fett wasn't even originally in ANH(he was added for the SE, and Greedo was in the movie for how long?). We actually only saw droid medics. There weren't a bunch of commandos running around.

So I say crafting is as much Star Wars as bounty hunting is... oh and Han Shot First.
You've actually agreed with me there in a sense, but regarding( "Before you make mention of how little they showed of crafting and non-fighting scenes" )
That's one of the cool things about Star Wars, as George himself said, there are lots of things happening around the place, crafters, farmers, spacers, aliens, drinking, brawling, shops, but it's all for effect and doesnt require enucleation to make you feel like the galaxy is a working "Real Place" it's just a prop not the reason your in that scene.

I understand a lot of people assume this game is "SWG 2, a present from us to you, for the NGE poo" but In the same vein I'm assuming this is for KotOR fans, and I dont want thing's in it that I find stop immersion or slow the game down etc. this is simply my opinion, not an educated expose' on the negative effect's of a player economy. I just think crafting as a separate Profession suck's

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,