View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 03:31 AM   #4409
Darth Groovy
The Dapper Zabrak

Current Game: Awaiting Greatness from PS4!
10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member LucasCast staff 
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiE23 View Post
My bro got this... watching him play it, looks pretty bitchin'. He's in the dark tunnel, freaky...

Very bad thing: Work is overloading me with way too many hours. Way too many goals that I have to complete in too little time. New management. Superiors who never bothered me before are now breathing down my neck constantly. We're constantly swamped because of recent quittings and firings. My position needs to be filled 14 hours a day, 7 days a week. And now that the others who hold my position are so few, it's now divided to 3 or 4 people who all work part time. So we all get like 25+ hours and 7 hour days. So I'm gonna have to restate my schedule or leave cause the place has really gone to ****. Bad management, good guys are leaving. I'm the only one who's stayed after so many have left... and being treated like ****. So yeah, lotsa fun.
TiE, you are experiencing in retail what is known as "rock the boat". True, they can not make you stay, however, if you put up with this bull****, you will ascend to be among the elite of employees. Right now they are trying to separate the long term employees from those that are going to quit. I have gone through the same thing recently with many jobs. What the managers are doing is trying to see who is going to go, and who will stay. If you just deal with it, you will have gained the trust of your superiors if you have not already. All they want to know is who will go and who will stay. It's temporary, and I am blowing a management secret by telling you this, but your one of our regulars and you deserve to know. My advice is just put up with it for the time being, and a raise may or may not come in the near future. If you are working more hours, they value you big time, if your hours are being cut, they are hoping you will quit on your own merit. Just hang in there mang. Bad economy = usual tests. I think they like you. So just hold out for the BS, and it will subside.
Darth Groovy is offline   you may: quote & reply,