View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 08:05 PM   #41
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Nihil View Post
I sleep at night knowing that if our government tries to disarm our nukes to where we dont have any to deter others with
This is an argument of your own fabrication. No one is talking about complete disarmament...except you.

Quote:
And if people of opposite race start getting all whiny tha if you do anything against Obama you must be racist wah.
"Opposite race"?

Quote:
I mean we yes had slavery and junk in the past and now a black man can be president and they still want to whin after that.
Because electing a black president automatically means that racism is over?

Quote:
The world is an interesting wild thing that needs to be calmed, peaceful, and in line with each other. They need control and to be taught this. We save those who are oppressed, spread our ideals through diplomacy, and of course take care of our interests as do other countries. We are the ones who police the world. Oh that's right a large part of the current generation does not respect cops so why would they respect the world's police force (us).
And how would you feel if China decided that it was there job to police the world and spread their idea of "right and wrong" via mititary action, covert overthrowing of other forms of government, economic sanctions, etc? Shouldn't we have the right to govern ourselves as we see fit, even if other countries don't agree with our way of doing things? Shouldn't we have the right to appoint leaders of our choosing?

No one asked us to "police" the world. We took that on ourselves and we used some pretty nasty means to do so. That some countries resent us for that shouldn't be surprising, let alone difficult to understand.

Quote:
We are not the ones trying to make a conflict with Russia.
Indeed we are or are you conveniently ignoring the fact that we're the one's building a "missile defense system" in Poland?

Quote:
They are making conflict with the world or soon will.
Iraq anyone?

Quote:
So it seems to me they are bing the aggressive nation in this situation. You may say its because of our misile system pointed at them. It wouldn't be if they were trust worthy.
Their reaction to our aggressive action makes them untrustworthy. Got it.

Quote:
You may say but what if China had missiles pointed at us. Yes we'd have some pointed at us, but if they had missiles not pointed at us we'd simply see theirs as a defense in that it is not pointed at us.
Except that our reaction to North Korea and Iran indicate otherwise. You aren't terribly consistent.

Quote:
As for the world wrs. Its seems to me since you said probably avoidable with concern to our involvement that you feel we are not necessary in tha conflict.
Nope, only that if we hadn't backed Germany into a corner after WWI, WWII may have been avoided. Maybe Hitler would have risen to power anyway and nothing would have changed, but the circumstances would have been different.

Quote:
I'm just curious. What wars were we necessary to be involved in? Becaue it just sems to me you feel hat even with the most important wars you feel we are not needed.
Cerainly not any of the illegal conflicts that we've been involved in since WWII.

Quote:
I'm sayng there is a difference between my vid which was actual audio of Obama and yours that looked like something someone put together.
Again, all videos would be put together by someone. Unless of course they make themselves.

My video, which you still obviously haven't bothered to watch, is a clip from a movie. Since movies tend to be "put together" by movie crews, you've definitely got me on the "something someone put together" thing. Congratulations.

Quote:
Well I could only tell that part of it. Like I sai I'm half blind and have a hard time seeing. So well you can tell me what was on that vid if yo want.
No, it's much more entertaining watching you trying to discount the content based on what you guess it was about (without having actually watched it).

Quote:
You amuse me young one.
Do you frequently refer to people who are older than you as "young one"?

Quote:
It is not a failure.
I'm getting the impression that you don't respond to posts so much as pick out random words and then rant about something completely unrelated. I don't think it will be much longer until you go back on my ignore list.

Hint: the word "fail" was used in reference to your continued use of logical fallacies. I didn't mention Iraq anywhere in there.

Quote:
I was showing double standards and comparisons.
No you weren't.

Quote:
Neithe did they with the Bristal thing.
No one brought that up except you. Once again we find you rallying against an argument that no one made.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,