View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 11:43 AM   #5
Psyk0Sith
3D Tech Support

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Looks pretty good in general, of course everyone has their own style when it comes to polyflow, i would have made a few things different i'm sure but overall it's nice work.

-The elbow needs loops at the back to lock the mesh in place when it bends, if not it will look like a bent straw when moving.

-The cloth at the front should have at minimum 1 loop in the center (and maybe 3 at the bottom) so it has a nice radial spread when pulled by the legs.

-I dont get why the belt has some kind of pinching in the middle (at the front and back...) i'd make it ---- instead of \/

The most important thing to check on a real time character is the silhouette. and before you ask:"A silhouette is a view of an object or scene consisting of the outline and a featureless interior, with the silhouetted object usually being black."

This means apply a fully black material to the model (100% self illuminated) and look at it from all angles, you will quickly see how boxy some of the contours are, the idea is to make the contour softer by adding single cuts to make the boxy area look better...only local cuts, dont get crazy and start looping stuff all the way around!

Here's an exemple, you'll see some areas could still be rounder but i kept the budget around 1500 tris:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/lnkz/silhouette.jpg

Psyk0Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,