View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 03:39 AM   #583
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
Oh please... please please let this thread just die and stay dead forever.

It has already been confirmed that Nihilus was a part of Exile that broke off at the destruction of Malachor V. She was the only one capable of putting Nihilus down and re-fusing with "it" to become whole again.

It was a walking wound in the Force. A natural disaster. Its like saying "Revan could have soooo won against that Tornado!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Master Revan
Force hunger is literally force lightning as shown when he drain Darth Sion in the beginning of K.O.T.O.R 2, except for the fact that it drains you.
Special Effects for a video game. You are reading too deeply into the limited power of the game engine.

He has the ability to drain you even if you are simply on the same ship with him, so your point is invalid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Master Revan
Who says Revan can't use the force to hold the ship together?
Who says? I don't recall the plot ever saying that Revan could in fact hold a ship together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Master Revan
Remember that Visas managed to face Nhilius and still live even if he didn't concentrate on her as much as the Exile, as for the force drain a life saber could bloke it just like the force lightning i am pretty sure he would have the knowledge of how to block it, and as for the best force weilder in the galaxy during the K.O.T.O.R time Revan is the wisest :P.
Wrong.

It cannot be blocked. It is said -explicitly- in the game -multiple- times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
the only way to block drain is through resistance or absorption powers like in kotor and the jedi knight games. revan would know ways to block normal drain, but i think nihilus' is something else. he killed an entire planet full of force sensitives, which also had half the jedi council on it!
Again, you all are reading too much into video games. Draining the Force from someone is a select skill in the Kotor EU that cannot be taught, only learned once it is done to you. Kreia explicitly says so.

The only way to block it is if you have nothing to take in the first place. The only reason that Exile survive is that Nihilus is part of her, and she has no connection to the Force for Nihilus to take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Monance
I think George Lucas stated that Sidious is the most powerful Lord of the Sith in the entire Sw universe (and if you read the wiki entry to dark empire, that becomes quite apparent. but it's lame. =)
George Lucas has never cared about the EU. He has repeatedly stated in interviews that he is ignorant of much that happens in the EU, thus why he only works on the prequels now.

Exile and Nihilus are technically the most powerful beings to have ever stepped foot in the Star Wars Universe. They are both wounds in the Force, and are eventually capable of ending all life in the Galaxy, if not the Universe. After Exile defeats Nihilus and fuses with it again, she becomes pretty much the strongest single person in Star Wars history.

Thus why TSL is an interesting story, but on the whole a story about a Mary Sue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Sharrak
Evan though Revan is basically just any person who you desire to be; he's still the most powerful Jedi/Sith in the KOTOR era (at least as far as the games go). I don't think Nihilus's flashy powers and heavy breathing would be enough to subdue/beat Revan.
I would argue that Revan might have been the most powerful -human- in the Kotor era, if you disregard Exile and Nihilus as being technically human.

But Exile and Nihilus both could rip the Force out of Revan in a seconds time if given the option. They have their own tier of power above everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
what?! she killed three jedi council members with just force drain?!

so every person thats killed by force drain becomes 'worse than lifelesss'?
i always thought it was some other special freaky sith thing learnt from trayus... because the devs used the drain effect for everything.
What did you think she did? She learned how to Force Drain from Nihilus using it on her.

Thats how powerful that damn thing is. It isn't a Force power. It isn't a weapon. Its manipulation of a Force wound to literally rip the "soul", or Force out of a person. They do not join the Force in death, but instead add to the power of the one that killed them.

There is no blocking it. No getting around it. If it is aimed at you, you are going to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
^ death field, i know. but afaik nihilus' drain wasnt just normal drain, it was a crazy technique he learnt from trayus.
Wrong again.

Force Drain was not taught at Trayus. It is the manipulation of a Force wound.

Think of them as a walking black hole. A Black hole doesn't learn how to suck things in... it just does. Exile and Nihilus are black holes in the Force, so it is a skill that comes naturally to them. Once you use it on someone else, you've hurt their connection to the Force enough for them to use their scarred connection to the Force to rip the Force connections from other beings.

Its not so much a skill as it is an abomination natural disaster that can be focused and controlled. Kreia learned it from being drain, and the shadow troops learned it from Nihilus as he most likely wounded their own connection to the Force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Monance
Hm.. it looked like drain. But drain is a single target power. Death field isn't, but she clearly didn't use death field.
Also, what she said right before killing the masters might indicate that it's not a conventional power. Anyway, it's definitely not the same as Nihilus' power
Again, it was a video game. Many of the powers in it are not Canon.

She used the Force Drain ability on them because she learned how to use it from Nihilus, because she at one time had her connection torn from her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Master Revan
Darth Nihilus didn't drain half the council on the Visas's homeworld, there was no council maybe a few jedi,
Most of the councel was there, along with a great deal of the remaining Jedi. They went there to gain the Sight, and when they got it they were killed by Nihilus. The only reason he went to Katarr was because there were vast amounts of Force sensitives on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Master Revan
if you also remember Darth Nihilus must likely drained the planet from a ship, while he does it he is very weak and can be dispatched easily, e.g. force meditation requires alot of concentration and the wielder is very vulnerable, so for Nihilus to even summon that sort of power to defeat Revan he wouldn't be able to unless he was far away, and the planet itself was stationary, while the inhabitants weren't they must been easy to target in their groups and with so many ships he could use the ships to increase his range, don't know how but it seems logical,
Wrong.

It can use it up close as well. It used it on Sion and Exile when they were right in from of it. I'm sure it might be somewhat difficult to devour an entire planet, but it managed to do it within a few seconds from its ship. And with ever person it drains, it became more powerful.

The reason he was so weak in K2 was because Exile was nearby. Nihilus is a broken off piece of Exile, so when it came close to her, it became much less powerful. And when he tried to drain Exile, it nearly killed itself as Nihilus technically just tried to drain itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Master Revan
as for Nihilus's range Revan could use his force abilities to shut himself from the force and then it wouldn't affect even thoug we know he wudn't do it or he would create a foce shiewld strong enough to protect him from the force drain of Nihilus while he boards a ships and is flown to Nihilus, what do you think?
Wrong. You cannot cut yourself off from the Force without causing heavy damage to yourself.

Exile cut herself off from the Force, and it hurt her "soul" so badly that part of her broke off and turned into Nihilus, and she became a walking wound in the Force capable of destroying all life.

Also, how would Revan defeat Nihilus if he/she was cut off from the Force? Without the Force, Revan is just a human with a glowing stick.

C'mon people. We're talking about a thing that has the ability to rip the life from every man, woman, alien, animal, planet, etc on the entire planet. It killed -every- -living- -thing- to grow stronger. Just because you love Revan does not make him/her invincible.

No. There is no argument. Revan loses. Now please accept that please stop resurrecting this thread.

Last edited by True_Avery; 11-26-2008 at 04:49 AM.
True_Avery is offline   you may: