View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 01:47 AM   #37
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
You know what, you're absolutely right. It's NOT fair. It bothers the hell out of me to hear that after I slaved away for hours--but I don't let it get to me: People will *always* have a reason to whine about your work.
I'm sure I'll get more $$$ over time, or with an eduacation (if I can ever get my act together for that).
I'd suggest that if you're in a dead end and you are not particularly respected for what you do, that it's time to move onto something else the next best possible chance. Just something I overheard from a career consultant. I respect that your situation is different--but there is no need to affect everyone else's life bringing down a law.
I'm sorry if that's not possible to move on. (I will have you in my thoughts and pray for your blessing).
There are studies looking into workplace bullying and how counterproductive it becomes after enough time. Who knows? Maybe someone can look into your case?

EDIT (for shortness): There are bosses like that. It's a cop out and a power trip. I don't let it get to me, though.
<snip>
long and short, I have no health insurance, yet I face certain danger. I don't whine about it.

Customers? Yeah, they're douchebags by the lot.

Incentive: I mean to be at least proud of the work I did by day's end. Even where nobody else will be. Nobody can say in good conscience I didn't earn it. That doesn't make me a stupid slave. I guess it all depends how you look at it.

I can support myself on my current wages. How about if I wanted a family but my wages were fixed to a maximum of, say $11/hr gross? I doubt it, but I'd try real damn hard anyway. Or maybe you'd rather children were all ward of the state?
We may never see eye to eye. I don't know your specific situation for a fact.

I've been a worker/boss. Handyman: housekeeper, electrician, contractor's grunt, clean up.
Go on if you will about the way you wish things were: I have no choice but to compete with illegals, immigrants (legalized citizens), and for possibly less than I'm worth. I don't condone it, but I understnad why it happens having seen some schmuck coworkers. Frankly, If you want to throw up your arms in disgust. Fine. I don't qualify for a lot of government aid. Even if I did, I don't think I could live with myself as an able bodied person if I did that. Disabled, it's a different story.

I don't blame others for my lack of success because I chickened out a few years ago--or that I never got along real well with college, it's depressing. I strive to at least be proud of my work, even if I know it won't be appreciated. It sucks. I still try to find something to be happy about. Like sharing with you and other people, here. I never gave up. I still haven't given up on school or finding something better.

I'm sorry if you have given up on yourself.

Slavery. We could very well be headed back to it. At least I don't sit around with my hand out waiting for a check. I try to do something about it. I absolutely agree with you on the point of "fight it". I disagree with a maximum wage cap because I see no way of assuring the money would go back to the benefit of the people, nor a way that maximum wage caps wouldn't end up coming back to haunt us. Perhaps in short order.

I guess the reason we speak of socialsim now?: Trouble is that nobody seems to care about meritocracy anymore. I suppose we've accidentally evolved away from the iron will that once characterized us. And I am a man out of my time. That and conscience has dissappeared. Still, I see innovative people which gives me hope.

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy

Last edited by Darth Avlectus; 11-27-2008 at 05:54 AM. Reason: was too long
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,