View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #4532
TiE23
Get bent!

Current Game: Shogun 2
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Groovy View Post

You just scored massive brownie points with Grampa Grooves. It is bad enough that I am but a cog in the wheel of the retail engine, damned if I am going to drain my bank account on worthless trinkets that were over priced to begin with. I always work on black Friday, damned if I am going to stand in line with all of the nuts to get some goofy deal. My attitude this year, was even if they were giving out million dollar gift cards, I would stay away. This morning I worked the 6 - 2, and called it a day. Same thing I did last year. I am NOT buying any decorations this year. And I will most likely do my Christmas shopping towards the end of the season when all things must go.
Yeesh, that's scary... Black Friday is pretty evil. And not even a little Christmas tree? Hell, I'm pretty much the opposite of religious (read: non-religious) but dammit if I don't have a tree somewhere on Christmas for the rest of my life. :P

Anyway, guess what! TiE23, the dude that buy's too much stuff? I did no shopping our buying whatsoever yesterday... even if I had the desire, I was only going to try and get BiA: Hell's Highway for $20 at Target... but surprisingly someone is sending me one via Goozex. So meh!

Tie's Kindle Reading Project
"Making myself a more learned person and then bragging about it."
Since October 2010 - I'm a slow reader
-----------
27 Books Completed
('10: 4, '11: 9, '12: 7, '13: 6)
Fiction: 12 | Fantasy/Sci-Fi 5; Classics 3; Literature 4
Non-fiction: 15 | Investigative 2; History/Politics 3; Science 3; Biography 7
-----------
237,123 'locations'
11,865 pages (approx)
-----------
Last book: Cosmos by Carl Sagan - Dec 2013

Last edited by TiE23; 11-29-2008 at 01:04 PM.
TiE23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,