View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 01:43 PM   #4540
Tyrion
nothing is real

Location: no one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low
LF Jester Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBomber View Post
Yeah, I switched from guitar to bass last year because of a lack of (good) bassists around here, and I knew I was nowhere as good as the guitarists I played with.
You could be a rhythm guitarist, which has the added benefit of helping immensely with song writing.

Quote:
And I finished writing the epic, as well as a few concept albums and over 230 songs. Theres music for a few of them, but most of them are just lyrics and ideas in my head right now. Its hard to find people who are serious about writing songs, most just wanna jam, which is fine, but its not getting my songs anywhere.
I'm stupid when writing songs. I just harp on a few different ones I have until they're completed. Sure, Albert Einstein more or less followed the same approach in regards to physics, but it's not something you can easily brag about.

Quote:
And no, I can't compose music myself since my guitar skills would be limited to something like a GCD progression and its extremely hard to write a song on bass.

Oh, also, me and my friends are learning La Villa Strangiato... = very good thing
Er, what? Playing a Geddy Lee bass line for a 10-minute song would almost have to mean you can shred at the guitar...

Quote:
Another good thing, I got a 1890 on my SATS and finished all my college applications last week. Now we play the waiting game.
Pwned! 1920 here. That extra 30 points is a stark reminder that we're all smarter here in the west.

Tyrion is offline   you may: quote & reply,