View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 02:40 PM   #4541
ZBomber
Octavarium

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion View Post
You could be a rhythm guitarist, which has the added benefit of helping immensely with song writing.

I'm stupid when writing songs. I just harp on a few different ones I have until they're completed. Sure, Albert Einstein more or less followed the same approach in regards to physics, but it's not something you can easily brag about.

Er, what? Playing a Geddy Lee bass line for a 10-minute song would almost have to mean you can shred at the guitar...

Pwned! 1920 here. That extra 30 points is a stark reminder that we're all smarter here in the west.
I write all of my songs in a matter of minutes. Its gotten to the point that I don't even think about what I'm writing, the pen just flows and 5-10 minutes later I have a completed song written down in front of me. Sometimes its hard to find inspiration, but once I start a song its really easy for me to finish. And I hardly go back and change lyrics later, I like to keep it the way I left it.

Bass is just easier for me to do than guitar. I would hardly associate Geddy's basslines with shredding. First off, I have a lot of difficulty on forming chords (I always had, even when I played guitar), and since bass chords occur much less frequently, its a lot easier for me. I find bass funner to play too (If its something interesting, that is... none of this AC/DC bull****. ). Although I was just talking to my friend the other day about trying to learn chords so I can atleast attempt composing music. I've been trying to learn some music theory, but since I only took guitar lessons for like 2 weeks and never took bass lessons, its hard for me to keep up with inadequate online websites attempting to teach.

AND DAMN YOU! I bet I beat you on the writing section though. I suck at math anyways, so I dont plan on forming a career around it.

Last.FM - Ow, give up the funk
Let the truth of love be lighted
Let the love of truth shine clear
Sensibility
Armed with sense and liberty
With the heart and mind united
In a single perfect sphere
ZBomber is offline   you may: quote & reply,