View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #63
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery View Post
If I recall, we aren't at war with Iran. And if General Electric cannot do business with them because it supports "terrorism", then why are we still exporting oil from the Middle East and paying them for it.
No, it is illegal for companies in the United States to do business with Iran last I checked. We have other countries that we refuse to sell military hardware to, like North Korea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
By your logic, every time you fill your car up you are supporting terrorists. That is just as bad as those WW2 propaganda posters in the US that said that if you didn't carpool you supported Hitler.
While we do import some oil from middle eastern countries our top supplier is actually Canada.

Anyways, I'm not saying that at all, people should try to conserve and get more fuel efficient vehicles but some people can't afford hybrids or the hybrid doesn't have the power needed to do the job required (particularly with farms).

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
Oh, and are you implying that MSNBC supports terrorists? Again, you should probably double check this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism
I've basically said that MSNBC is made up of a bunch of left wing kooks that are a sham. I'd sooner trust Rush Limbaugh to be fair and balanced on something than anyone on MSNBC, in other words MSNBC is so bad that they have absolutely no credibility in my mind.

Btw, I know quite well what McCarthyism is, and I'm rather insulted that you'd compare me with McCarthy.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,